"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools,"
The niece of civil rights hero Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had a message of peace and compassion after a white nationalist rally turned violent Saturday, leaving the nation reeling.
"I was blown up by the Ku Klux Klan in our home, but we knew that the goal was to transform the laws and transform the human hearts towards compassion," Dr. Alveda King told "Fox & Friends" on Sunday.
"Racism is sin. Hatred is sin," the pro-life activist stated, adding that she is a serious Christian.
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools," King said, quoting her uncle Martin Luther King. "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is to great a burden to bear."
President Trump received criticism for not naming the rioters as white supremacists when he condemned them yesterday, but King said the main thing is to speak to everyone about ending the violence.
"We've got to stop the violence," she said. "The president is right about that."
While removing confederate memorabilia does not immediately solve the problem of racism in America, it belongs in museums and in its proper context, King said.
The following is a word from highly esteemed POTUS SHIELD council prelate, Alveda King.
I've often been asked to share the King Family Legacy's approach to nonviolent conflict resolution which is introduced here briefly:
SIX STEPS AND PRINCIPLES FOR NONVIOLENT SOCIAL CHANGE - A sequential journey to victory:
Principle 1: Nonviolence is not passive, but requires courage.
Principle 2: Nonviolence seeks reconciliation, not defeat of an adversary.
Principle 3: Nonviolent action is directed at eliminating evil, not destroying an evildoer.
Principle 4: A willingness to accept suffering for the cause, if necessary, but never to inflict it.
Principle 5: A rejection of hatred, animosity or violence of the spirit, as well as refusal to commit physical violence.
Principle 6: Faith that justice will prevail.
Understanding this, we apply the six steps of nonviolent conflict resolution:
(1.) Prayerfully enter into a process by conducting research and gathering information to get the facts straight;
(2.) Continuing in prayer, conduct education and awareness campaigns to inform adversaries and the public about the facts of the dispute;
(3.) Prayerfully commit yourself to live and manifest a nonviolent attitude and actions;
(4.) Prayerfully mediate and negotiate with adversary in a spirit of goodwill to correct injustice;
(5.) Prayerfully apply nonviolent direct action, such as prayer vigils, marches, boycotts, mass demonstrations, picketing, sit-ins etc., to help persuade or compel adversary to work toward dispute-resolution;
(6.) Prayerfully anticipate reconciliation among adversaries in a win-win outcome in establishing a sense of community which should now be achievable.
Considering the times, I am grateful to be a part of a biological family as well as a spiritual family who embrace these truths. Won't you join us?
1) North Korea--Let’s continue to cover the North Korean situation and, in the authority that has been given to us as intercessors, bind the evil spiritual powers behind Kim Jong Un and his cronies with “fetters of iron” (Ps. 149:8, Matt.18:18-19), asking the Lord to "bring down the wicked" as David prayed (Ps. 55:23), so that they are unable to cause the destruction to Guam, South Korea, Japan, the USA or any other nation that they intend. Pray that the Lord, the great Redeemer, will turn this perilous situation around for the good of the two Koreas that they may even become one again through this very crisis.
2) Iraq--As the prayer team is now beginning its work in Iraq, I just received this additional request for prayer from a pastor friend in Baghdad. (Shia and Sunni are the great divisions within Islam that are both found in Iraq and are behind so much of the conflict and deteriorating conditions there.)
“There is a huge tension building up rather quickly that may lead to conflicts around these points:
1. Differences among Shia divisions themselves.
2. Historic hate and revenge between the Sunni and Shia that started more than 1400 years ago and has never ceased.
3. Kurds plans for separation that may lead to confrontations with bitterness.
4. High percentage of unemployment and it is now too expensive to live, besides high rate of kidnapping cases, killings and organised theft.
Our church contractor was kidnapped 90 days ago and never released even with a ransom of $45,000 being paid for his life.
5. Rate of migration is still on, where Christian's presence has come down from 10% of the population to less than 1%.
However, in the midst of all of these concerns, the blessing is that there are enormous crowds of souls coming to the Lord on a weekly basis, thanks be to the Lord!”
Let’s thank the Lord for all those coming to Christ in Iraq and continue to pray for His healing and deliverance according to these specific above concerns. Pray for this dear pastor and the other believers in the midst of it all, and for the prayer team to be anointed, empowered, protected and used greatly as His instrument during the coming days there.
3) The North American Prayer Summit came into being shortly after the launch of the International Prayer Council in 2002 in South Africa. At that gathering, close to 300 prayer network leaders from around the world built enduring relationships and formed many regional prayer networks that have held subsequent prayer summits to pray for the nations of their regions. NAPS has since that time gathered prayer leaders and intercessors from Mexico, Canada and the USA every two to three years to pray over the spiritual and political issues of each nation and for our common concerns as a continent. This year, we will have presenters share on economic and political issues, the threat of Islamization, as well as what God is doing through transformational prayer efforts to bring breakthroughs, such as is happening in Juarez, Mexico. Through a movement of united prayer leading to joint action by the churches and the public authorities, Juarez has become one of Mexico's safest cities after being "the murder capital of the world".
-John Robb (International Prayer Council)
We found this throwback to January at the Inauguration! It is interesting to see what has happened since then and what is on the line with our prayers! Keep praying POTUS SHIELD! We are making a difference and what many have said can't be done is being done! Never forget that what is prophesied needs to be soaked in prayer and watered by God's people! We are POTUS SHIELD!
POTUS Shield Council Member Lou Engle is founder and leader of The Call!
Join us in Cleveland, OH July 22 & 23 at the Quicken Loans Arena! This is an important time in history to join together in prayer and action for our nation and the body of Christ! YOU are called!
THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD HAS APPOINTED AND ANOINTED THE ARMY OF GOD IN CHARLOTTE TO MOVE INTO THE FRONT LINES NOW!
Last week, Pastor Frank Amedia was honored to be hosted by Rick Joyner and the Charlotte area Pastor's Network luncheon at Morningstar, and granted the opportunity to share The Potus Shield mission. He presented the history of the assignments that the Lord had commissioned, starting in the summer of 2015 and through November 9, 3:30 a.m., when He imparted the Potus Shield vision to him.
As Pastor Frank Amedia shared about the forthcoming Potus Shield Charlotte Convocation taking place May 25th - 27th, and the assignment to declare "Gulliver " to begin to stand on its' feet, even as prophesied by Bobby Jones at Morningstar in Charlotte; the anointing of the Holy Spirit was measurably heightened and an atmosphere of excitement was stirred up. This assemblage of pastors and leaders responded overwhelmingly with support and agreement that this is indeed the time for Charlotte to "stand up" for the Body of Christ and act in its appointed role to do its part to activate the season of revival and awakening that our nation is at the prophetic cusp of entering into.
The Trumpet is sounding, and the Spirit of the Lord is calling to the East, the West, the North and the South; all over this Land, for the watchmen, worshippers and warriors to gather in Charlotte on May 25th - 27th to accelerate the momentum of the Potus Shield Movement that is working in coordination with national prayer initiatives, Lou Engle and The Call, and apostles, prophets and churches nationwide.
Now is our time to storm heaven and earth for a New America, to usher forth revival in our land, and to bring our country back to God!
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROPHETIC AND HISTORICAL MOMENT IN CHARLOTTE.
We are coming to facilitate the Call upon Charlotte, to serve you and your congregational members, to be a spark to help light the fire of revival in your area that will surely help to set the fires that will consume our nation!
Written by Pastor Frank Amedia
At the Potus Shield Heartbeat Ohio forum, I will share a very confidential report of an amazing intervention that Potus Shield spearheaded spiritually in the White House and the highest levels of our government. For now, please pray:
Every prolife action is a plus in the overall armory. Dissension among the ranks is counter-productive.
Written By Alveda King
Inspired by 1 Cor. 12
“The [Prolife Movement] has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole [Movement].
Yes, the [Movement] has many different parts, not just one part. If the [Sidewalk Counselor] says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a [Legislative Lobbyist] ,” that does not make it any less a part of the [Movement].
And if the [Donor]says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an [Activist] ,” would that make it any less a part of the body? If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole [Movement] were an [Incrementalist] , how would you accomplish anything?
But our [Movement has] many parts, and God has [allowed] it. How strange a [Movement] would be if it had only one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one [Movement]. The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.” In fact, some parts of the [Movement] that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts [of the Movement] that should not be seen, while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has [allowed] the [Movement to come] together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.
All of [us] together are [THE PROLIFE MOVEMENT], and each of [us] is a part of it.
Here are some of the parts:
So [as we] earnestly [learn to] desire [and to love and respect each other, remember that there is a] way of life that is best of all.”
1 Corinthians 12:12, 14-28, 31 NLT