1) North Korea--Let’s continue to cover the North Korean situation and, in the authority that has been given to us as intercessors, bind the evil spiritual powers behind Kim Jong Un and his cronies with “fetters of iron” (Ps. 149:8, Matt.18:18-19), asking the Lord to "bring down the wicked" as David prayed (Ps. 55:23), so that they are unable to cause the destruction to Guam, South Korea, Japan, the USA or any other nation that they intend. Pray that the Lord, the great Redeemer, will turn this perilous situation around for the good of the two Koreas that they may even become one again through this very crisis.
2) Iraq--As the prayer team is now beginning its work in Iraq, I just received this additional request for prayer from a pastor friend in Baghdad. (Shia and Sunni are the great divisions within Islam that are both found in Iraq and are behind so much of the conflict and deteriorating conditions there.)
“There is a huge tension building up rather quickly that may lead to conflicts around these points:
1. Differences among Shia divisions themselves.
2. Historic hate and revenge between the Sunni and Shia that started more than 1400 years ago and has never ceased.
3. Kurds plans for separation that may lead to confrontations with bitterness.
4. High percentage of unemployment and it is now too expensive to live, besides high rate of kidnapping cases, killings and organised theft.
Our church contractor was kidnapped 90 days ago and never released even with a ransom of $45,000 being paid for his life.
5. Rate of migration is still on, where Christian's presence has come down from 10% of the population to less than 1%.
However, in the midst of all of these concerns, the blessing is that there are enormous crowds of souls coming to the Lord on a weekly basis, thanks be to the Lord!”
Let’s thank the Lord for all those coming to Christ in Iraq and continue to pray for His healing and deliverance according to these specific above concerns. Pray for this dear pastor and the other believers in the midst of it all, and for the prayer team to be anointed, empowered, protected and used greatly as His instrument during the coming days there.
3) The North American Prayer Summit came into being shortly after the launch of the International Prayer Council in 2002 in South Africa. At that gathering, close to 300 prayer network leaders from around the world built enduring relationships and formed many regional prayer networks that have held subsequent prayer summits to pray for the nations of their regions. NAPS has since that time gathered prayer leaders and intercessors from Mexico, Canada and the USA every two to three years to pray over the spiritual and political issues of each nation and for our common concerns as a continent. This year, we will have presenters share on economic and political issues, the threat of Islamization, as well as what God is doing through transformational prayer efforts to bring breakthroughs, such as is happening in Juarez, Mexico. Through a movement of united prayer leading to joint action by the churches and the public authorities, Juarez has become one of Mexico's safest cities after being "the murder capital of the world".
-John Robb (International Prayer Council)
What is POTUS Shield?
POTUS SHIELD is a council of prelates that is assembling to raise up a spiritual shield. You are invited to join us as we bring this anointed assembly in intercession, prayers, declarations, and decrees of The Word of the Lord across our nation!